- Conductor: Mr. Lewis Rosove
- Schedule: 8am – 4:30pm
- Cost: $225
The Advanced Orchestra challenges experienced musicians with original pieces from the classical repertoire. Campers will also have an opportunity to participate in chamber groups and will perform with their group during the Friday morning recital. Musicians in the Advanced Orchestra are typically in middle school or older and have prior orchestral experience.
- Orchestra – Orchestra practice is the highlight of each day. Campers work together under the direction of Lewis Rosove to prepare several pieces for the Friday night concert. Music is sent out the end of May so that campers can learn their parts ahead of time. By the time camp starts, everyone should be ready to work on musicality and ensemble.
- Sectionals – Each day, the four sections of the orchestra meet separately to work with a faculty member on challenging spots in their orchestra music.
- Chapel – Three times throughout the week, the entire camp gathers to hear preaching from the Scriptures. Uplifting congregational singing and testimonies from the staff complete these key sessions.
- Theory – Campers are divided into four different theory classes based on a placement test. The classes are tailored to students’ individual needs with emphasis ranging from scales and key signatures to chordal analysis.
- Choir – In addition to studying their musical instruments, campers also have a brief opportunity to develop their voice by singing together to the Lord (Psalm 96:1).
- Chamber Groups – Campers are divided into small chamber groups based on their video auditions.
- Masterclasses – On Thursday, faculty members offer one on one lessons for violin, viola, cello, and piano. Students can participate by taking a lesson on an instrument of their choice and by observing their peers’ lessons.
- Advanced Tracks – Advanced campers also choose a specialized focus. Topics this year include:
- Pedagogy – Learn how to teach beginning students
- Composition – Study how to write and arrange music
- Practice Techniques – Explore practice strategies and discuss preparing for auditions